- Former Consultant Surgeon – Shifa International Hospital, Islamabad,
- Former Head of Surgery – Quaid-i-Azam International Hospital, Islamabad,
- Former Consultant Surgeon, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London
- Former Consultant Surgeon, Al Kharj Military Hospital, Saudi Arabia
- Former Consultant Surgeon, Fauji Foundation Hospital, Rawalpindi.
With more than twenty seven years of post-Fellowship experience, Dr Shaukat Nawaz is highly trained and experienced in the field of General Surgery. He is well versed in the art of orthodox and modern techniques. He has worked in all aspects of General Surgery including Laparoscopic, Cancer and Endocrine Surgery. He is an expert in performing simple to complex procedures.
Dr Shaukat’s General Surgery experience is extensive. He has enormous expertise of performing most of the routine and emergency clinical work. He is an accomplished endoscopist who is certified from JAG, United Kingdom.
Dr Shaukat is the only endoscopist in whole of Chakwal District who is performing Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. He is also a pioneer of Laparoscopic Surgery in Chakwal region and has performed more than 2500 Laparoscopic surgeries in England, Islamabad, Saudi Arabia and Chakwal.
Dr Shaukat has the unique privilege of working in the most privileged as well as the most deprived environments over a span of more than 30 years. Hence he is very well placed in tacking the difficult situations because of his wide experience.
Dr Shaukat Nawaz is well aware of quality assurance and audit practices of General Surgery and well placed to provide a high standard of care.